Host a Web Service on Windows Azure
Windows Azure is an open and flexible cloud platform that enable to quickly build, deploy and manage applications across a global network of Microsoft-managed data centers. Windows azure is proper platform to develop secure and scalable application. So, Security research provides a method for hosting a web service or any application on windows azure.
- Windows azure account with suitable plan.
- Visual studio to develop and debug web service or applications.
- Windows Azure sdk installed on your computer (download)
The steps to be followed to host a web service on windows azure platform are,
- Login to your Azure account.
- Create an Azure Database Server.
- Create a new SQL Azure Database.
- Export the local database used by the web service to SQL Azure Database. The import export wizard of management studio can be used for this purpose.
- Open visual studio, select Cloud project and follow the steps given below to prepare it to be published.
- Create Web role into the project.
- Create a new web service and add the implementation code of the web service.
- Set the Connection string of SQL Azure database in configuration file.
- Publish the Package and create service package.
- Go to the newly hosted service in windows azure and select the production platform option for deployment. Wait until status become ready.
- The DNS name of our service will be available at this point. Use this as the url of web service.
Video guide on how to host a web service on azure is available here.